Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A flash of lightening in the dark


Last night I woke several times to a flash of light. As I live near the Pacific Ocean, this area rarely gets lightening. The last time I'd seen light flash around our house my husband was taking pictures outside. The light last night, however, was strong enough to wake me. At first I thought I'd been dreaming it. Several minutes later there was another flash.

Immediately I felt myself draw down under the covers. My groggy mind thought, "There's someone outside with a light flashing it into the window." Fear was automatic; was there someone outside trying to break in? A faint rumble in the distance affirmed that the flash was lightening and not a prowler.

A voice immediately spoke up. "I you are afraid of this illusion then how will you be able to navigate your death without fear, with the confidence required to be unafraid of the illusions that will appear and skillfully navigate the bardo to a new and fortunate rebirth?"


The time I am devoting to practice and Ngondro seems to be planting seeds, rehabituating my thoughts. Without Dharma I suffer. With Dharma I apply the medicine to reduce my suffering. With Dharma practiced for all sentient beings I experience joy. It's as simple as that...

May all beings be free from suffering and its causes, have all joy & happiness and their causes, and experience equanimity.

Sarva Mangalam!

No comments:

Post a Comment