Thursday, January 21, 2010

Using obstacles as the Path

Today's meeting with my son't advisor was difficult. He's failing classes and very resistant to receiving help. The entire meeting just degenerated into frustration for everyone present. Please Mother Tara, help me to hold him and all who are suffering with compassion and unconditional love. Help me to skillfully support him in his efforts. Please help me guard my own self-cherishing mind and examine all thoughts and actions that do not help him gain freedom from suffering. May all beings, including my troubled son, have all happiness and joy, be free from suffering, and abide in complete equanimity. Mother Tara who is the perfect refuge and source of all good, please watch over him as you do all other beings. May any merits generated from my requests and actions, both now and in the future, be dedicated to the benefit of all beings. May all their sufferings be driven into me so that they do not have to suffer. May the dharma flourish and many all inherent Buddha nature be nourished and grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment